Wednesday, September 7, 2011

House Update: Failures

I do not like to fail. However, our house failed the radon test. While we haven't received official paperwork from the buyer, it is highly likely that she will request the installation of a radon mitigation system (which I fully support and wished we would have done!). I sort of freaked out considering the fact that we potentially have lived with high levels of radon for the past 4 years but am thankful to our state region's radon information guru for talking me off the ledge. What's done is done.

However, consider this a CCM-endorsed message to you to get your home tested for radon! I am thankful that the new house already has a radon mitigation system in place.

On a more uplifting note, our current house is scheduled to be appraised next week and our lender is in process of scheduling an appraisal of the new house. I just spoke with the woman from the title company who requested our SSN for the new house title so things are moving forward!!!

22 days until closing...

No comments: