Monday, September 12, 2011

Goal #1: Accomplished

Wowsa! I logged into Goodreads today and discovered I have met my goal for number of books read in 2011! Guess I set the bar a little too low on that one.

My initial goal was 18 books. Check it off the list:

1. Crow Lake by Mary Lawson
2. Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins
3. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
4. March by Geraldine Brooks
5. Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
6. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
7. A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick
8. Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua
9. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
10. A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
11. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
12. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
13. Bossypants by Tina Fey
14. Stranger Things Happen by Kelly Link
15. The Other Side of the Bridge by Mary Lawson
16. The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf
17. Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson
18. Flux: Women on Sex, Work, Love, Kids and Life in a Half Changed World by Peggy Orenstein

I am therefore revising my goal to 25 books in 2011.

1 comment:

Old MD Girl said...

I just read Hunger Games over my vacation, and thought it was AWESOME. I read it in 2 days. Then I felt a little embarrassed when I discovered it was "young adult" fiction... but not enough not to read the next two books in the series!

I also read The Art of Racing in the Rain over vacation. My husband was very impressed when I was able to converse with him about Formula 1 after that. Ha.

Nice work on accomplishing your goal!