Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Help - Good Book, Good Movie


Last night I went with some book club ladies to see The Help.

I lugged this hardcover book with me to NYC two years ago because I had waited MONTHS in the library queue to get it and of course it arrived the day before we left. I was glued to it every night in the hotel room. I enjoyed the book and recommend it if you have not read it.

As always, I was a little doubtful about the movie - I never feel the movies live up to the books. However, I thought they did a great job with the movie. From what I remembered of the book, they stayed very true to it, and my fellow book clubbers agreed. Hilly's character is just pure evil!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I just finished the book last week, and thought it was really good. I wanted to read it before seeing the movie. Glad to know they did a good job with the film.

Sidenote: I'm loving Emma Stone lately. She was really good in Crazy Stupid Love too.