Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August Craft of the Month

Wait..What happened to June & July?

Nothing. Sewing hiatus.

I have several projects in the works but just could not bring myself to finish one in the past two months.

I was excited to get an email from Slunz commissioning me to make a purse for her Mom's birthday. I was a little nervous picking out fabric to match the black/white/cream request. Thank goodness for camera phones and text messaging! I knew we were on to something when the middle-aged woman working at Jo-Ann's complemented me on the fabrics.

The finished product:




All packaged up and ready to ship:


I also will have a few more skirts in the upcoming months due to my skirt kits I gave to three of my besties for their summer birthdays. I wish I would have taken a photo of them, but I basically made cute booklets out of velum and ribbon announcing the swingy skirt kit - containing a brief questionnaire card and a pink measuring tape. The recipients have to take their waist and waist to knee measurements, indicate whether they want a bright or neutral color, and choosing floral or geometric pattern. They also have the "surprise me" option. I packaged everything up in plain brown craft bags with sticker labels for each.

1 comment:

Slunz said...

Thanks so much Amy! The bag is beautiful and I know my mom will love it. She has been hinting to me about how much she loves the bag you made for me, so I can't wait to see her reaction to getting this!

Time to open your store!