Monday, June 27, 2011

11 for 11: Q2 Progress

In a few days, June will be over, taking 50% of 2011 with it.

Here is my quarter 2 update because the next few days will have me busy finishing up some work stuff and packing for vacation!!

1. Read 18 books.
Goodreads has a tracking tool that allows you to enter your book goal for the year and it tracks your progress. According to the tracker, I am 3 books ahead of schedule! Here are my 2011 reads so far
Crow Lake by Mary Lawson
Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins
Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
March by Geraldine Brooks
Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick
Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

I am still an active participant in three book clubs. I have gotten pretty lucky in that often a book is picked that I have already read which then I can still join in the discussion but can read books for the others.

2. Run a half marathon.
This is not looking likely. I cannot get my act together with running. It still is hit or miss for me. The thought of running a half marathon right now seems basically impossible.

3. Make one thing a month.
I have made 7 things since the first of the year.
January, February, March, April, May 1, May 2, May 3. Three crafts in May makes up for zero crafts in June, right? ACTUALLY...I may still pull through for June. I started something at the beginning of the month for a certain little man's third birthday and I have dreams of finishing it so I can deliver it in person on the last day of June. We shall see...

4. Work on my posture.
I actually have been working on this. I think this is one of those things that will be a continual work in progress for me - not something that has cross-off-the-list-ability.

5. Drink more water.
I have not been drinking that much water in lieu of the copious amounts of hot tea I drink during my work days because my office is FREEZING.

6. Paint our hallway.
DONE in Q1!

7. Remove the overgrown, hideous bushes from our front yard.
This is on the post-vacation agenda.

8. REALLY clean out my closet.
This could stand to happen again even though I technically crossed it off the list in Q1. I should adopt a one in, one out policy but I do not. And consignment sales and rummages sales have been good to me lately...

9. Go through the GIANT scrapbooking tubs in our closet.
DONE! Delivered a whole bag of supplies to my goddaughter, LM, earlier this month.

10. Call my sister by her real name.
I still continue to do well with this.

11. Get back into doing Yoga.
To borrow from Q1's update: Could be doing a lot better with this. I bought some classes at a local studio (thanks Groupon!) and bought a DVD. I did the DVD one time. My Groupon is about to expire! AHHH!

1 comment:

Maayan said...

I am impressed with both your list and your progress lady - give yourself a break! You're doing quite well!