Friday, May 20, 2011

Yes! Another Craft of the Month: May

Ahh! I can't stop making these skirts!

Actually, my sister asked me to make her one. I agreed because she nanny of the year. Little did she know her salary would be partially paid in crafts, ha ha ha.

The fabric used here was a bit heavier than the fabric I used for the first skirt, although I think it still worked. This fabric is Amy Butler's Morning Glory Gold fabric from her Lotus Collection. It is a bit shorter than the original skirt - somewhat because my sister is shorter than I but mostly because I didn't have enough fabric to make it longer. The fabric was part of my stash so I only had a yard to work with. The fabric must have been on a smaller width bolt because I had about 2 inches less than my first skirt on the length.

I hope she likes it!

2 comments:

Old MD Girl said...

I like this fabric a lot, though it does seem that the pattern works better if you have hips than if you don't (like me). Is that just because of how the photos are taken?

Amy said...

That is a very good question Old MD Girl, and one that I don't know the answer to. I think that this pattern would be friendly to all body types - it may give those of you without hips the illusion of hips and a defined waist, but I'm totally guessing on that one.