Thursday, May 5, 2011

On Motherhood: Part 1

Mother's Day is quickly approaching and thus my Google Reader is full of craft ideas, party ideas, gift ideas, essays, etc all on mothers.

I thought I would spend the days leading up to the big day posting some of my favorites from my Reader.

Photo: Diana and the boys. What a beautiful photo of a beautiful woman.


Essay: Why Moms Should Quit

Book: Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother. I just started and finished this book in one day. It's a quick read. Sort of ironic that I read it around this time, but I can't control what books arrive from my neverending library hold list. I heard about this book via an interview with the author on NPR. While the book was entertaining, I didn't think it was as shocking as its billing warranted - maybe because all of the "shocking" parts were covered in the interview? An interesting perspective on the life of a mother but, in my mind, not a must read.

1 comment:

heather said...

Isn't it fun to see what will pop up next from the hold list? I live by that thing. So much so that when nothing comes in, i'm almost not sure what to do with myself and spend time wandering the shelves (usually ending up with more books than I need)!