Friday, March 11, 2011

Teano

This is Nate's nickname for me since I am addicted to tea. Since I try to limit my coffee intake to one cup per day, I need something warm to drink!

I had a bunch of Starbucks gift cards that I spent on venti Earl Grey tea lattes. (I think these originally went by the name London Fog when they first came on the scene). I had to take a deep breath the other day when I tried to order one at the Target Starbucks and the woman had no clue what I was talking about. I tried to recreate one at home. It was gross.

I do like the Starbucks chai tea latte. You can get the Spicy Chai Tea mix from Trader Joes. I have seen DIY chai recipes online although I haven't tried them.

My other tea obsession is Stash licorice spice herbal tea. I go through a box a week at work. Nate and I come close to going through a box a week at home as well.

Over Christmas I really enjoyed Trader Joe's candy cane green tea. The peppermint tea is just not the same.

Any other Teanos out there with some tea recommendations for me?

4 comments:

Slunz said...

HUGE Teano here. I drink about 6 mugs of tea a day. My mug is 16 oz, so I am drinking a ton of tea. All decaf or tisanes (herbal infusions. I love Tazo Wild Sweet Orange. This tea will change your life. The other Tazo that I love is Passion. When I was in DC last I loved this place called Teaism. Their tisanes are amazing. I plan on ordering in bulk from there soon. http://www.teaism.com/TeaShop/CategoryListing4,5.html

I am so glad to know I am not the only tea freak out there!

Emily said...

I personally like fruit teas, especially peach or apricot. I also put honey in my teas.

You should check out Watt's Tea Shop sometime. It's a great little restaurant downtown to get some tea and a little lunch. http://www.wattsteashop.com/

Silky Jess said...

Wait, do most Starbucks has Earl Gray lattes?? I wish I had known this before! The chai tea lattes are too sweet for me, but I drank them when pregnant/nursing. So excited to have a new option when I want less caffeine.

I'm Kathy B said...

try www.republicoftea.com I love the green tea ginger peach, comfort and joy (perfect during the holidays) and my new fav caramel apple yummy with a splash of milk