Saturday, March 26, 2011

February Craft of the Month

Here is the February Craft of the Month:


What is it?

A nursing cover. Hooter Hider. Udder Cover. There are many "official brands". I don't have an official name for my prototype. I call my own cover a "curtain". Sometimes, I go dramatic and pretend Maggie is the Wizard of Oz under the curtain. Yeah, I'm weird.

I made it for my friend JN who had a baby boy (on her due date!) in February. Thus, it is my February Craft of the Month, even though I cut out the fabric and planned it in January and finished it in March.

I am pretty happy with how this turned out, given that I didn't have any instructions that I was following. I based it off of my Jelly Bean nursing cover from Target. The main fabric is Anna Maria Horner's Good Folks Collection (Fortune Zinnia). The coordinating fabric is some linen fabric that I always keep on hand from Jo-Ann Fabric. I previously made JN a Birdie Sling and used Anna Maria Horner fabric with the Jo-Ann linen and she liked it so I stuck with it for this.

No comments: