Thursday, March 31, 2011

11 for 11: Q1 Progress

The last day of March! 1/4 of the year is over! Crazy!

As i have done in previous years, I am providing an update on my goals. Keeps me honest ;)

1. Read 18 books.
If you figure it out, I should be done with 4.5 books by now. And Voila. I have read almost exactly 4.5 books this year so far.
Crow Lake by Mary Lawson
Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins
Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (which really should count for two books because it was 650+ pages long!)
March by Geraldine Brooks
and I am halfway through Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner

I went ahead and got myself involved with not one, not two, but THREE book clubs. One meets montly, one meets every other month and one is online. So far, I have been able to keep up. (I know - this is absurd. I can't help myself).

2. Run a half marathon.
If I run one of these it will be during late summer/fall.

3. Make one thing a month.
I have made 3 things since the first of the year. See them here, here and here.

4. Work on my posture.
Hmmm. I am working on this...as i sit and type this, hunched over.

5. Drink more water.
Doing well with this - courtesy of Soda Stream!

6. Paint our hallway.
DONE! Nate finished this yesterday morning. I did nothing for this so i don't know why this was one of MY goals. Thank you Nate for accomplishing one of my goals, ha ha ha.

7. Remove the overgrown, hideous bushes from our front yard.
Once our ground is not longer frozen, this is up!

8. REALLY clean out my closet.

Done! I took my load of clothes to the consignment sale on Tuesday night. About 1/4 of them were returned to me. I'm not sure exactly why (and I will admit I was annoyed by this) but more stuff for my sister to have, I guess! I was telling a friend yesterday though that I still think I could do one more round of purging.

9. Go through the GIANT scrapbooking tubs in our closet.
Ugh. This is the one I am least a fan of. Nate continues to suggest doing this (Tuesday night was the latest request) and I always blow it off. One of these days...

10. Call my sister by her real name.
Doing quite well with this, if I do say so myself!

11. Get back into doing Yoga.
Could be doing a lot better with this. I bought some classes at a local studio (thanks Groupon!) and bought a DVD. I did the DVD one time.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

what did you think of the Hunger Games trilogy?

Amy said...

I really enjoyed the Hunger Games triology, although book #1 was my favorite and book #3 was my least favorite. I think it will be interesting to see the movies when they come out and compare. Check out http://alifelessordinary-el.blogspot.com/2011/02/hunger-games-casting-call.html for some casting guesses :)

Jenna said...

I agree with 1 being the best book, but I did enjoy the whole trilogy and realized it had been a long time since I had read a book that I just couldn't put down!