Saturday, February 5, 2011

A night with a 5 year old

Dear Readers - Taking care of an almost 5-month old baby is E-A-S-Y.

I have a new outlook on caring for a baby after watching both Maggie and my almost 5-year old niece, Toni, for less than 24 hours. And both of them were Dreamgirls. I don't know what would have happened if one or both had been naughty/in a bad mood!

I came home from work to find my niece bouncing off the walls and asking me a zillion questions. I got her settled with some paints while I fed Maggie and then the "When is Nate coming home" questions began because I told her we couldn't go swimming until he got home. As soon as he got home, we decided that Kraft Macaroni and Cheese was going to be our dinner.

After we had our fill of processed cheese pasta, we loaded the girls into the car and headed to the Y. Turns out Maggie LOVES the swimming pool! (It doesn't hurt that they keep the kiddie pool extremely warm...or maybe there is another reason that pool is so warm?!) There also was another little girl there that had a zillion barbie dolls and who was looking for a playmate. She and T were BFF after about 30 seconds.

After swimming we showered at the Y and got into our PJs and went home. I managed to talk T out of sleeping on Maggie's floor. Then it was books for Maggie, books for Toni and bedtime. Nate also made S'mores on our gas stove with T that were ah-mazing. Everyone got to stay up a little later than usual.

This morning we were up early making pancakes and drawing a bunch of pictures because "I'm an artist" which is what Toni kept telling us. A tree frog, horse, rocket, caterpillar, cat and dog later, my sister picked T up to go skiing.

And I took a nap :)

No comments: