Thursday, February 10, 2011

"Like Sands Through the Hourglass..."


My sister continues to watch the Magster 3 out of the 4 days I work per week. This is a spin-off the summers I spent taking care of her when we were younger. She occasionally will call me with a funny reference to those summers and today was my favorite one yet.

One of our babysitters got me hooked on Days of our Lives. I was like 10 or 11. My mother did NOT think this was appropriate. The summer that I was 12 (making my sister 4), my mom let us stay home alone. My brother often ended up at my grandparents house on the farm so it was me and my sis. Alone. And do you know what we did from 12-1 every single day? That's right - watched days of our lives. I thought I was so sneaky. There was no way my mom was going to find out that we were watching this show. Until my sister started talking about Stefano and Marlena like they were her best buds. BUSTED!

So my sister calls me today, laughing. She went to her apartment to pick something up and had Maggie with her. The TV was on in the apartment (she has a roommate) and Amanda and Maggie were sitting on the couch talking to my sister's roommate when that old familar theme song came blasting from the TV. "Like sands through the hourglass...so are the Days of our Lives". She called me immediately. I told her that if Maggie starts telling me about the angst Marlena feels in choosing between John and Roman, I'm firing her as my nanny.

1 comment:

Slunz said...

My sister and I had a similar "scheme" when watching Days of Our Lives. Ha! I hope Marlena isn't possessed by the devil again...