Friday, February 4, 2011

Glasses for a Cause

I was recently telling a friend that I love the idea of wearing glasses, but when I wear them (instead of my contacts) during the day, I feel like they don't convey smart chic but rather oh she must be tired. I own 3 pairs of glasses - my most recent pair bought the last week of December to use up expiring Flex account money. (One pair probably doesn't count because they are an O-L-D prescription.) Every time I get new glasses, I think, I'm going to start wearing glasses more. And everytime, I just feel like I look tired when I wear them.

I just read about Warby Parker in Matchbook Magazine (which BTW, I am really enjoying, but wishing it were in print.) You can get a pair of uber chic glasses "boutique quality, vintage inspired" for $95. AND for every pair you buy, they donate a pair to someone in need. Awesome.

All you glasses wearers - check them out here.

And now I'm tempted to buy yet another pair of glasses.

No comments: