Friday, February 18, 2011

Date Night!

Tonight Nate and I are going on our first date since Maggie's arrival (if you don't count our office holiday parties, which I do not). Yes. I know she is almost 6 months old. A woman in my book club has a baby one month older than Maggie and she and her husband have gone on not one but TWO vacations ALONE since the arrival of their baby. We're a little slow on the uptake (nor do I feel like I want to leave Mags anymore than I have to, but working mom guilt is another topic for another day).

We are headed to Bacchus. This restaurant was on our list for a while and then it got bumped up when Anthony Bourdain went there on his Heartland episode. It got bumped up even further when AH & CD mailed us a gift card for there. We were planning on maybe going there to celebrate our wedding anniversary, but plans got bumped again when my bump decided to arrive on that day.

So tonight...BACCHUS!

I have high expectations. I realize this could come back to bite me but oh well. I read this review on Eating Milwaukee and got even more excited. "I think we NEED to get the cheese platter" was my comment to Nate.

I had great plans of getting all dressed up. Today was a hair washing day.

And then my phone alarm did not go off and I woke up 30 minutes late and Maggie woke up right on time. I barely had time to wash my body, much less my hair so that I could feed her and get to the office on time (made it with a minute to spare). I likely won't have time to wash it before dinner either because of course I signed up to be the food deliverer of a coworker that had a baby.

I do have to say that for some reason my hair still looks good - it defintely could pass for day 2 hair. At least that is what I'm telling myself.

Oh well. Sign me (and my unwashed hair) for the mom club.

I WILL wear lipstick though.

We are going on a date!

2 comments:

Old MD Girl said...

Woohoo! Sounds like it's going to be delicious, and btw -- I'm sure you still look hot even with unwashed hair.

Luca and I rarely go on date night and we don't even have kids! And we now plan our vacations around our dog. How sad is that? I can't stand the idea of leaving the DOG in the kennel while we go on vacation. God help me when we have kids.

Tara said...

Have fun!!!

I have added that place to my list of places to go after seeing on Bourdain too... so will be interested to hear if you like it.