Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Craft of the Month: January

One of my new year's resolutions was to make one thing per month. In January, I started to make a bag for my neighbor, K. K has two girls, aged 5 and 1, and has been very generous handing their things down to Maggie. We have gotten a swing, armfuls of clothes, diapers, and most recently, baby food. She never wants money for the stuff so I told her I would make her a bag. A "baby barter".

I made her a Birdie Sling. This is probably my tenth Birdie Sling. I almost could make these in my sleep. However, they are a useful carry-all and everyone that I have made one for loves them. K mentioned "black" when I asked her what color she wanted.

I made it black/grey on the outside...


...with some pink pizazz on the inside


I hope she likes it!

1 down, 11 to go!

No comments: