Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cooking with Magster: Chunky Banana Nut Bran Muffins


I think the Magster is getting a tooth. She has been more cranky the past day and a half which is just not like her. Yesterday I made muffins with her (in the Baby Bjorn) to distract her. It totally worked. She loved all the activity. We also managed to not have her dip her hand in the mixer bowl with the mixer running, which for some reason was all that she wanted to do.

We made the Barefoot Contessa's Chunky Banana Nut Bran Muffins. I like to pretend I am sitting in my awesome Hampton's house with cedar shingles eating these overlooking my garden with French-pressed coffee. In reality, I am sitting at my desk in the office, starving, looking at STATA analyses with a sore throat and sinus headache to boot.

Here is the recipe. These are very moist and tasty but beware! The recipe in this link says yields 12 muffines. It is half of the recipe that is provided in the Barefoot Contessa At Home cookbook I have of hers which says "yields 20-24 muffins". I wound up with 40 using standard muffin tins. Anyone want a bran muffin?

Image courtesy of http://hamptons.guestofaguest.com

No comments: