Thursday, February 17, 2011

Another Birthday Memory: 4 more days!

The next birthday memory I am sharing was my 23rd birthday.

Nate and I were living in Atlanta at the time and I thought it would be so fun to have an 80's themed birthday party and go bowling and sing karaoke.

Apparently, my friends all did too.

Yes - I got my friends to dress up in their finest 80s gear and GO OUT IN PUBLIC wearing this:



EVEN BETTER - My square boyfriend (now husband) dressed up - no questions asked (I assumed he would pass). It was at this moment that I knew he loved me:


Everyone met at our apartment, I passed out my homemade soundtrack to the 80s and we headed to International Bowl. Sadly, I tried googling this and discovered that this gem of a place is now closed. After some bowling (and beer!), we headed to our own private karaoke room. I distinctly remember singing (screaming?) "Hang on Sloopy".

Several of my readers are featured in these photos. Thanks for such a fun birthday ladies!

4 comments:

Ali said...

Love. "What is up dog?" C-A-Roll is sporting some sassy short hair! And the side pony is a classic.

What a fun trip down memory lane for you with these birthday posts!

Silky Jess said...

I loved that party for lots of reasons. Among them is that that was the first time you all met Jason. You cannot go wrong with bowling and karaoke, and the 80s looks on top made for one of the best birthday parties I've ever been to!

BCK said...

too funny. especially nate. :)

caroldes7 said...

ahh! that party was fun, but yikes...i guess i will forgive you for posting this picture since we are less than 3 hrs (EST) from your big day!