Sunday, December 19, 2010

Crazy end to last week

Starting about the middle of last week, things have been crazy around here.

Last Wednesday was my last investment club meeting. I decided that I wasn't going to be able to keep up my millions of hobbies once I went back to work so IC was the first on the chopping block. I am okay with this as it was starting to get cumbersome doing research on stocks even before Maggie arrived. Two years ago, my goal in joining IC was to be able to at least voice an opinion when Nate asked what kinds of stocks we should invest in. Previously, I would say, "Whatever you think". Now at least I can sound halfway intelligent and we can discuss our picks. My other goal was to break even. Each month we had to invest a minimum of $25 dollars. I only ever invested the minimum so I wanted to at least break even. I am happy to say that not only am I getting my money that I invested in, but I almost doubled it! Looks like Maggie's savings account will get an extra deposit.

Thursday we headed to Tex Tubb's Taco Palace in Madison for BCK's farewell Wisconsin party. Yes. It's true. BCK is leaving us for Canada. Everyone was asked to wear Wisconsin gear to the party. So, being the huge dorks that we are, we were decked out, as was Maggie. One of Nate's clients sent us a package that arrived just days before FILLED with Badger gear so Maggie had a Badger Hat and a Badger pacifier in addition to her Jump Around shirt from Nate's cousin and the blanket my dad's fiance's mom made her when she was just born. Here is a shot of her at the party:
She was very good at the party. Coincidentally, we ran into my friend BLK at the restaurant too!

Friday was another fun-filled day. Maggie accompanied me to my office potluck party where we celebrated two baby showers, one graduation party, BCK's office farewell and the holidays, complete with Secret Santa exchange. Then we had a quick rest at home before heading to Nate's parents' house. Nate & I had to go to his office holiday party while Maggie's great grandparents babysat her. We later commented that we felt like that couple on that Air Tran commercial where the older couple is yelling "Don't leave us with the baby" since she was crying when we left and we quickly explained how to work the cloth diaper, the swaddle and scribbling down our phone numbers. Luckily she got to sleep - perhaps it was Grandma & Grandpa's king size crib?! I don't think it would have mattered how crabby she was - Great Grandma & Grandpa seemed very excited to watch her! We were happy she slept well as we had to get up early on Saturday morning to start the Christmas celebrations.

No comments: