Thursday, December 30, 2010

The 2010 Book List

Well here it is - the list of books I read this year.

Here is my 2010 book list:

1. Push by Sapphire
2. The Map of Love by Ahdaf Soueif
3. Peony in Love Lisa See
4. The Sharper Your Knife, The Less you Cry by Kathleen Flinn
5. Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri
6. Sarah’s Key Tatiana de Rosnay
7. Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri
8. Sophie’s Choice by William Syron
9. Little Bee by Chris Cleave
10. The Girl Who Fell from the sky by Heidi Durrow
11. The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters by Elizabeth Robinson
12. The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
13. The Piano Teacher by Janice Y.K. Lee
14. The Ladies Lending Library by Janice K. Keefer
15. Kabul Beauty School: An American Woman Goes Behind the Veil by Deborah Rodriguez
16. Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse #2) by Charlaine Harris
17. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
18. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest (Millenium #3) by Stieg Larsson
19. Beautiful Lies by Lisa Unger
20. Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse #3) by Charlaine Harris
21. Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse #4) by Charlaine Harris
22. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
23. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games #1)
24. The Poisoner's Handbook by Deborah Blum
25. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games #2)
26. Run Like a Mother by Dimity McDowell
27. Room by Emma Donoghue
28. Still Alice by Lisa Genova

I did not set a book-reading goal for 2010. My 2009 goal was 30 and I fell 2 short of that this year - not bad considering I had a baby! Looking back, I read a lot more series books than I typically do.

Here are the books I gave up on:
1. Behind the Scenes of a Museum by Kate Atkinson
2. The Many Lives and Secret Sorrows of Josephine B by Sandra Gulland
3. Geek Love by Katherine Dunn*

*I may return to this someday. I had gotten halfway through then went into labor and even though I renewed it 3 times at the library (the max allowed), I didn't get it finished in the first month of Maggie's life. I loved the Millenium and Hunger Games triologies - Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) is on my to-read list for 2011. The Sookie Stackhouse books were fun. I was deep into them while watching True Blood on DVD. They were fun, quick to read books when my mind was not on much of anything else but "When am I going to have this baby?!?!?".

Once again, a shout out to the Goodreads website which lets me keep track of this (and share book lists with other nerd-awesome book lovers like me - thats for you, MS :) )

2 comments:

Maayan said...

holler!

Anonymous said...

Seriously......you put us all to shame. What a great way to look back at the year.
-Mb