Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cape Cod YARD Makeover!

I mentioned during the summer that we received a gift of landscape design from Hawks Nursery from my in-laws. We were excited about this because our yard is less than desirable, in our opinion, but we don't really have the knowledge of how to change it.

Enter Tom who met with us pre-Maggie and asked us questions about what we liked and didn't like about our yard. We didn't like that it doesn't have a lot of usable space at the moment and we also didn't like all of the evergreen bushes and the somewhat random bushes in our front yard as depicted in these photos:



We wanted a pretty, inviting yard. Currently, our curb appeal was a big fat ZERO.

After a month or so, we had another meeting with Tom who gave us his design plan. For a mere $40K we could have the yard of our dreams, including (and I kid you not) a white picket fence! And I'm telling you that if I had an extra $40K just lying around, I probably would have given it all to him! However, the nice thing is that we now have a plan to follow for the next few years:

(Clicking on this photo may englarge it somewhat)

As usual, we are going to try to do some of it ourselves, which we started over the weekend by removing many of the random bushes on top of the hill. It is nice how much more open it seems already! We only have 2 of the 6 randoms left! Then we will need to pull out the evergreen bushes next to the house. Thank goodness we only live 4 blocks away from the yard waste dump off!

4 comments:

Old MD Girl said...

Wow! That plan is so cool! I wish I had a landscaper to tell me what to do with my garden.

BCK said...

Wow, I cannot believe the two of you yanked those bushes! That sounds like a lot of work!

Things To Do On Cape Cod said...

There are a lot of things to do on Cape Cod. It is an exciting place where you can find amazing beaches, great lodging, good food and wonderful people!

Things To Do On Cape Cod said...

There are a lot of fun things to do on Cape Cod. It is an exciting place where you can find amazing beaches, great lodging, good food and wonderful people! Thanks for sharing.