Monday, November 29, 2010

Baby's First Thanksgiving(s)

Thanksgiving Part 1
Our Thanksgiving started off watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Jimmy Fallon and the Roots covering "Feed the World" made that song stuck in my head all morning. I just kept singing it. I think Nate was thankful that we had to get to his family Thanksgiving early that afternoon so that I would have some distraction from the song.

Maggie was not a fan of Thanksgiving dinner:



We have noticed that it now takes her a good hour to warm up to new surroundings. After that, she's more willing to get passed around!

After the feast, we played some games. My brother-in-law's friend, J, was celebrating the holiday with us and for some reason, Maggie took a liking to him. He had very thick hair and she really liked petting him, like a Yak :)


Another fun thing about Thanksgiving was that my other brother-in-law flew home from FL! He had not seen Maggie since she was a couple days old. Here he is showing off the turkey that was on the bottom of her Thanksgiving outfit.



Yes, her shirt says "Thankful for Mommy". I would just like to take this opportunity to say that I did not purchase this outfit for her - it was a gift. :)

We ended the day by picking our names for the Christmas name exchange. Great-Grandpa W had the touch and got Maggie to sleep in no time:


Thanksgiving Part 2
We celebrated Thanksgiving with my dad and siblings yesterday. Once again, it took Maggie about an hour to warm up to everyone. After that, it was time to get crazy with her cousin Toni by bouncing on Aunt Amanda:


Then I played hairdresser and braided the girls' hair. Unfortunately Maggie's hair isn't long enough yet!



My sister and I wanted an all-girls shot, which is easier said than done with a 4 1/2 year old and a two 1/2 month old:



Finally!:

My niece Toni was very interested in everything we did with Maggie...and I mean EVERYTHING. We changed Maggie into her Green Bay Packer outfit so they could be Packer Girls.


I think the first thanksgivings were successful!

3 comments:

Silky Jess said...

I love the Packers outfit! If only the Bills were better than a joke...

Danielle said...

New follower. Just saying hello because I appreciate when new followers introduce themselves to me. :) Maggie is precious!

Mr Lonely said...

nice blog... have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...