Friday, September 3, 2010

Keeping Busy

We have been keeping busy. Wednesday night we had Grandma Esther's 85th birthday party.



That cake was YUM-MY. It was a fun time, even though I think GE was a little disappointed her first great-grandchild doesn't share a birthday with her :)

Last night, we made eggplant parmesan. Why? Old Wives' Tale that this induces labor. I'm giving the EP 24 hours before I call it a failure but so far...nothing. It was FANTASTIC though. I'm not sure that I've ever had eggplant parmesan, and I know I have never made it before. Enter BCK who gave me the cooks illustrated recipe. SO FANTASTIC. Regardless of when this baby comes, I think I'm putting this into the regular rotation.

After dinner, we went for a walk. Apparently 3 miles of walking/day isn't enough to get things going so I'm adding another walk to my daily routine. Towards the end of the walk, we started getting rained on so I attempted running home. I made it running 2 blocks but it was quite hilarious to watch, according to my husband!

2 comments:

BCK said...

that is a seriously huge cake.

chacha said...

Man, that baby is just chillin' in the womb. Maybe he/she (I keep wanting to say "he" - I'm feeling like it's a boy) will arrive on Labor Day. That would be apropos!