Monday, September 6, 2010

The Cosmo Bag

This weekend I made a bag out of my new book, Amy Butler's Style Stitches.

I made the "cosmo bag", which is featured on the cover, for my brother-in-law's girlfriend for her 21st birthday. The bag is one of the "easy" bags.


The bag features lots of pockets. There are two along the outside on the sides (which would nicely hold a water bottle) and four on along the inside:


For the bag, I used Alexander Henry's Mocca Chocolate for the exterior and for the interior pockets. The handles and button are out of the linen-type fabric that I always keep on hand from Jo-Ann Fabrics and the interior lining is leftover Tres Belle Shell Blue from Anslea Aucoin's Zig Zag Quilt.

How would I rate this pattern? I definitely think it is easy, although it is time consuming. Of course, I waited until two weeks AFTER her birthday to even start it, but I would not have gotten it done in the weekend without Nate's help. There is a LOT of cutting and interfacing to do before you can even begin to sew. Once you start assembling the zillions of pieces, it takes no time at all. I am anxious to make some of the other bags in the book. And given that we are still on a countdown to Baby Schlotty, it looks like I might have some time to tackle another one.

No comments: