Saturday, August 14, 2010

WI STATE FAIR!


This afternoon we went to the state fair. It may not have been the smartest choice given the heat, the humidity and the pregnancy (ooh! a deadly cocktail!), but we still had some fun. I was a little disappointed that the sheep were already gone but we did watch some bull judging and saw a lot of baby pigs!



My theory is if you are going to state fair, then you go balls to the wall and GO to state fair. Thus, I wore my chicken hat from Golden Guernsey for a portion of the afternoon:

I passed on the free pickle hat.

We didn't eat quite as much food as last year since it was so hot. However, we did manage to get some Reuben Rolls, a cherry ice cream sundae, a real WI grilled cheese, and a lamb gyro. Nate also indulged in the samples of coke zero and mello yello. And of course - the Herb Kohl milk. We had banana, root beer and chocolate.

Towards the end of the afternoon, we danced to get free packages of Kraft Homestyle Mac and Cheese before sitting in the AC in the Expo center (where all the As Seen on Tv stuff is - the highlight of state fair for Nate). Here is Nate displaying our mac n cheese, the chicken hat and the day's program:



A walk through the animal barns and I was ready to get home and kick up my feet. I lasted 4 hours - I was pretty proud of that!

No comments: