Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekend Part 1

I turned the page in my planner today to view August and there was a lot of blank space - AHHH. July was so crazy busy it will be nice to have a little bit of down time.

This past weekend was a good combo of downtime with things to do. I wanted to see Inception on Friday night, but I got home from work and was so tired and the thought of spending over 2 hours on uncomfortable movie theater chairs was not appealing. Thus, we rented The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I just finished (at 6:00 this morning) the last book in this triology and loved them. I was eager to lounge on the couch and get absorbed in the movie.

Nate put the DVD in. Swedish words started infiltrating the screen. The movie had SUBTITLES! I don't know why I was expecting that it wouldn't - it is a Swedish movie and based on Swedish books. We looked at each other and groaned. We're not anti-subtitles, but we both were not in the mood to really have to think about a movie. Luckily the movie was well done so that 5-10 minutes into it, we forgot about the subtitles. Obviously they left a lot of parts out of the movie (otherwise it would probably be 10 hours long) but I thought it was well done. The woman they picked to play Lisbeth was dead on to what I pictured her as. I always thought Mikael was totally hot in the books - so I was a little disappointed with the actor they chose to play him. He reminded me of Mikael Barishnokov/Aleksander Petrovsky, who I was so not into during season 6 of Sex and the City.

Saturday Nate headed to an overnight golf outing with RN so JN came over for some girl time. We got pedicures, and then I helped her with a sewing project. We ended the evening with dinner and girl talk. There may have been some (read: a LOT) of pregnancy talk in there too since we are both KOed.

Sunday morning my sis picked me up and we headed to the annual Eden Parade. I love the Eden Parade. Yes, you do get a little sick of seeing who has the biggest piece of farm equipment but we have been going since we were kids and it is always a good time to catch up with the fam. My aunt snapped this pic of the belly (35 weeks, 5 days):

No matter how much I flaunted that belly, I didn't get one piece of string cheese, though.

My Nana and I were lucky enough to get roses from the Woods Floral float:


Excellent pic of my sibs with my mom:


And of course, my sis and I had to get a pic with Great Grandpa T, who if you'll notice was given beads to match his hat. This picture cracks me up - I'm not sure why we were so confused looking. Pa also got in on the action.


We could not stay for the picnic afterwards because my mom, sis and I had to get to baby shower #3...stay tuned!

2 comments:

Old MD Girl said...

Dear Amy, You look positively petite for being 33 weeks, though I'm sure you don't feel petite.

It's always good to have friends who you can commiserate with. Glad you had a fun weekend!

Silky Jess said...

Funny, I pictured Mikael exactly as you described the actor--not so very attractive but with some sort of aloof appeal. I guess that is one of the great things about books--people can read the same thing and create totally different pictures in their heads.

You really do carry that baby so well. I hope Nate appreciates that he has a hot preggo chic on his hands!