Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Spicy Food

Last night, Nate & I went to dinner at Antigua, a Mexican/Latin American restaurant. We were looking for some spicy food. I realize that all of these old wives tales re: getting labor going likely are not true, but it doesn't hurt to try, right?

We have been to Antigua once before and really liked it. To us, it smells like Costa Rica, where we honeymooned. The instant we stepped inside the restaurant, it was like we were back!

We had a great meal. Fried plantains and guacamole to start. Antigua also gives you some complementary appetizers to try. They gave us a mango cheese quesadilla bite, a pork and cheese empenada and something that was like a Latin American version of a hush puppy. I had enchiladas with chile poblano sauce and Nate had salmon with tequila cream sauce. Antigua also has a tradition of giving you a shot of Peach Schnapps to facilitate digestion at the end of the meal. I had to pass, but Nate took full advantage.

Given that I am typing this with a huge belly, I would say spicy food did not work for us, but was a great meal regardless!

No comments: