Monday, August 30, 2010

Crazy Weekend

So the short story of all of this is that I am still pregnant.

And now the long story...

Friday at work, I started having contractions early afternoon. I didn't think too much about this because sporadic contractions and I have been BFF lately. However, some of them really hurt so I decided to go home early around 3:30 just in case. Nate got home and we ordered pizza and went to get a movie. We rented The Back up Plan only because I thought it would be fun to watch a pregnancy/baby-related movie at this stage in the game. People this is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It took all of 20 minutes for us to both start making fun of it. I mean, you don't expect these types of movies to be Oscar-worthy or anything, but this was exceptionally bad. I had contractions throughout the movie and afterwards we decided to take a walk to return to the movie to the kiosk. Had contractions during the walk. I went to bed thinking, I bet I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night to start timing these!

Imagine my surprise when i woke up Saturday morning and i was still pregnant and felt GREAT! We decided to head up to my family's farm for the annual Thresheree - aka return to old school farming for the day. We got there just in time to watch my niece in the toy tractor pull - she was disappointed she didn't win a trophy but did get a medal. She is getting so big!

As we left, Nate told her, "T, the next time we see you we'll have a baby". She gave him a look like, "Yeah right". (Kid, I feel the same way right about now!)

After that we stopped at Kelly's Ice Creamery to check it out - DELICIOUS!! Highly recommend if you are ever in the Eden area :) Saturday night we rented another movie - The Ghost Writer. This was a big improvement from The Back Up Plan, although SLOW moving. I was really hot so I actually laid by the AC vent with ice packs on my neck.

The heat situation did not improve Sunday. I felt like I was going to pass out during church so I spent the majority of Sunday in our cool basement, working on finishing the baby quilt and napping. The baby quilt is now done!


I had to tie it and sew on the yo-yos (orange centers) of the pinwheels and then bind it. This was only my 2nd time binding a quilt, but it went much better than the first time. It still is not perfect, but I figure there will likely be poop and barf on it in due time anyways.

Last night, Nate had a drafting party for fantasty football so we headed over to the B's for snacks, dinner and chatting (well, that's what I did - Nate was more involved with the football aspect). I was hoping that holding Alex B on my baby bump would push my baby out - but that didn't work either!

I ended the weekend, much how my weekend began - on the couch watching TV.

2 comments:

chacha said...

When are you due? Sounds like it's soon... You'll have to get Nate to post here when he/she arrives so we know ;o)

BCK said...

The quilt looks so beautiful. You should be very pleased!