Friday, August 6, 2010

Books Read to Date: 2010

I did not set a book goal for 2010, mostly because I knew I was pregnant and knew I likely wouldn't be reading as much, particularly after the baby arrived. I WAS sort of curious how 2010 to date compares to Jan-Aug of 2009.

I have read the exact same number of books this year from 1/1/10-8/6/10 that I did from 1/1/09 to 8/6/09. Weird! 18 is the magic number.

Here is my 2010 book list:

1. Push by Sapphire
2. The Map of Love by Ahdaf Soueif
3. Peony in Love Lisa See
4. The Sharper Your Knife, The Less you Cry by Kathleen Flinn
5. Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri
6. Sarah’s Key Tatiana de Rosnay
7. Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri
8. Sophie’s Choice by William Syron
9. Little Bee by Chris Cleave
10. The Girl Who Fell from the sky by Heidi Durrow
11. The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters by Elizabeth Robinson
12. The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
13. The Piano Teacher by Janice Y.K. Lee
14. The Ladies Lending Library by Janice K. Keefer
15. Kabul Beauty School: An American Woman Goes Behind the Veil by Deborah Rodriguez
16. Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse #2) by Charlaine Harris
17. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
18. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest (Millenium #3) by Stieg Larsson

Not a bad list, and does not count the pregnancy books I read as well. Mostly because I did not really read any pregnancy book cover to cover, with the exception of The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy. So I guess technically, I'm up to 19.

I'm going to guess that unlike 2009, i won't be reading 12 books from now until 12/31/10!

No comments: