Tuesday, August 10, 2010

37 weeks down!

Today marks 37 weeks, which according to some sources, means I am full term. (Other sources say 38 weeks).

21 more days until the due date. I don't want to wish my life away, but I'm ready to be done with pregnancy. I feel like the belly is growing exponentially lately. Here are some pics from Sunday:



I am still not sleeping very well and I feel like I went on a 3 week bike ride without stopping on a really bad bike seat. I haven't gotten any comments that I have "dropped" yet so who knows. After today, I'm cool with the baby coming at any time. (Today Nate is at the PGA golf tournament practice where cell phones are a No-No. If I go into labor today, I might be on my own!).

I do not run anymore, mostly because I am uncomfortable. I try to keep going on walks at lunch time and still do my yoga DVD. But I am officially not one of those "I ran the day I gave birth" women. I am lucky that I have no stretch marks (yet) and all of my shoes still fit! My wedding ring still fits too - one of the women in our childbirth class had to start wearing hers on a necklace. After a couple of weeks with no appetite, my appetite is back in full force. I think I am currently on breakfast #3. I haven't been to the doctor in 15 days, but the last time I went i was up 30 lbs. I go again tomorrow, fulling expecting that number to be 292, ha ha ha. You might be surprised that I'm just throwing all of this out there, but trust me, you get over it pretty quickly because random people will just come up and ask you these things. Totally weird. At no other time in my life have I had so many comments on my size than the last 9 months.

So that's the update @ 37 weeks.

5 comments:

Old MD Girl said...

Yay for entering the home stretch!

You still look small. A woman in my class is only 6 months pregnant, and she looks your size.

Yay for no stretch marks! You will totally be a hot mama in your bikini by this time next summer.

BrookeK said...

you look amazing!

Missy said...

You look just great. When I read your post, you didn't sound very 'glowy'...but you look 'glowy'. Pregnancy agrees with you even though you sound like you're over it :). p.s. the green tiles in the bathroom look awesome!

Kristina said...

You look great! It definitely gets hard the last couple of weeks. I think my stomach was growing by the hour. Can't wait to see the baby pictures.

heather said...

You do look really great...and really small!!! You will notice that you grow at an incredible rate from here on out (and it does get uncomfortable too), but the baby will be here before you know it! Keep yourself busy though!!! EVERYONE told me I would be a week early with my first, so I went on leave early...and waited!! He was 5 days late!! UGH!