Friday, July 30, 2010

Recent Crafting

I mentioned that MANY of my friends are currently pregnant. One of them, HC, is due a mere 21 days after me. I went to her baby shower last weekend and as is custom for me lately, only part of my gift was handmade. I am not a knitter extraordinaire like AH, but I managed to finish this baby hat for Baby C.



It was my second time knitting a baby hat and it definitely went smoother than the first, but I'm sure there are a few mistakes in there. The yarn I used was a very soft organic yarn which meant that it was thicker in places and thinner in others. It made the texture sort of look lumpy, particularly on the brim. I hear babies don't really care about these things anyway :) The jury's still out on me and knitting. It seems to take me SO LONG to finish one project. I am still working on that ruffle scarf, over a year later.

1 comment:

Old MD Girl said...

So cute!

How much longer for you, Amy??? I've lost count!