Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Minor Annoyances

This week has been a little rough. I feel like I am transforming into that wackadoo bitchy pregnant woman.

1. The heat. It is so freakin' hot everywhere I go. I now understand all those people who gave me sympathetic looks when I mentioned I was due at the end of August. Holy balls it's hot.

2. My haircut. I got my haircut last night. My hair has been growing like a weed but I was trying to hold out so that I wouldn't have to get another one around the time I am due. I couldn't stand it anymore and made an appointment yesterday morning. I was going to Kacie at this salon downtown but she stopped cutting hair and recommended Courtney at the same salon. I had my haircut 8 weeks ago by Courtney and thought she did a fine job. Went back to Courtney yesterday and my hair is now uneven. I don't have time to get this fixed until Saturday morning so I now will spend the next 3 days with uneven hair that will no doubt annoy me more and more as time goes on. This is the THIRD time (and the THIRD stylist) that my hair has been cut uneven since I moved to MKE 3 years ago. One of the stylists being the hair show guy that did stuff for Vogue for crying out loud. I am ready to pack my bags and go to Cost Cutters because apparently the "nice" salons aren't cutting it (pun intended).

I am not even that picky about my hair. Yesterday I just asked for a trim because i was thinking about growing it out some. I did not get a trim, I got a whole new style - one half of my head is really layered and short and the other half is long. WTF. So now I will be reduced to getting it cut really short to even it out and thus the plans for the grow out are set back.

3. I'm tired. 26 weeks of insomnia has finally reached a boiling point. I cannot take it anymore. And don't even THINK about telling me, "well, at least you will be all prepared for not getting sleep when the baby comes". Anyone who says this to me will be getting a phone call at 3 AM the next time I am awake.

4. The bathroom remodel is now pushed back to 8/1. REALLY? REALLY?!!? I seem to remember meeting with Mr. Handyman back in MARCH and saying, "I don't care when you do the bathroom in the next months, but I would like it done by August." Maybe he interpreted that incorrectly?! Baby S better not have any ideas of coming early.

Thank you for listening to my rant.

3 comments:

BrookeK said...

Hang in there! call me anytime to vent :)

chacha said...

I had a little laugh about point #3. I hope people haven't been saying that to you. I don't think anything prepares you for the no-sleep-situation the first few months.

WTF with the contractor. I mean, that's why you're paying someone to do it. So it gets done faster. Duh. Next time you should be like "I want it done ASAP" that way the contractor can't procrastinate.

BCK said...

ugh, that is awful about the bathroom. :( Let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the next month. It sounds like things are getting tough. :(