Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Landscape!

I may have mentioned that my in-laws bid on and won a package from Hawks Nursery that is good for 10 hours of landscape design at an American Cancer Society event. They gave it to us as a gift. I was very excited about this because landscaping is not my forte and there is a lot about our yard that I am not a fan of but don't really know how to change it. We had our appointment with Tom set for last Thursday.

ENTER MONSOON. Our appointment was for 6 PM. At 5 PM, I got a call from Nate at work telling me that the weather is crazy and that I might want to get home. It was fine here (we work about 35 miles away from each other) so I sort of thought he was crazy. I got home and the sky was noticeably darker. It started pouring rain about 5:30. Tom called to reschedule. Nate made it home TWO HOURS later - the streets were so flooded that he couldn't find a street to get home! He said it was the worst weather he has ever driven in. Luckily, we had no issues with flooding in our basement or anything. Others in the area were not so lucky.

So, Tom came last night to survey our yard. Nate & I commented afterwards that we felt like we were on one of those HGTV shows. He was throwing out advice left and right and came up with a lot of ideas just looking at things. I was in love with every single one of them. Now he comes back to measure everything and gives us a total landscape plan. Our plan from there is to work on completing the plan over the next few years as time and budget allows. This was a great gift as it allows someone to plan things for us, something that is definitely out of our league, but we can DIY from there.

As usual, we'll keep you "posted" on the developments!

No comments: