Friday, July 30, 2010

Date Night!

We are winding down...4 weeks and 4 days left until my due date (and babies ALWAYS come on their due date, right?!). Nate & I decided we better maximize our date nights since we likely won't be getting any for a while.

Last night we headed to Mayura Indian Restaurant. We have been watching The Next Food Network Star because Nate went to high school with one of the contestants (Aria). One of the other contestants, Aarti, is Indian and I really think that she will win, particularly because the Food Network does not currently have any Indian cooking in their repetoire. So we have been commenting on the fact that we rarely eat Indian food, although we like it. THEN Anthony Bourdain was in India on Monday night. That sealed the deal - we were going out for Indian. Mayura was yummy!

After Mayura, we had tickets to see Wicked. I love Wicked. I was a little down that Elphaba was going to be played by the understudy but wowsa did she prove me wrong. That woman could wail. I always get chills during Defying Gravity. On the way home, Nate asked if he we had the CD in the car. "No, but I could sing you the songs" was my reply. I'm sure he (and Baby Schlotty) loved the serenade. If Baby Schlotty comes out green, I may have to name him/her Elphaba, ha ha ha :)

No comments: