Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Summer and Happy Father's Day!

Today is the first official day of summer! YAY! We celebrated by getting some time in at Nate's family's lake house over the weekend for Father's Day. Unfortunately for me, I will not be waterskiing or wakeboarding this summer, lest risk a placental abruption. So I did some kayaking and swimming instead. Maybe I'll deliver with ripped arm muscles from all the kayaking. :)

Father's Day was a success - pretty much a perfect sunny day at the lake with brats and burgers. YUM. My father-in-law seemed to like the weed wacker we gave him and Nate even got this cute "new dad" book from his parents. It is a great book - very funny and with cute pictures and little advice tidbits. If you are ever looking for a dad-to-be gift for a first time dad, I highly recommend it. Nate is a really hard person to buy things for, in my opinion, but I did want to get him a little something to mark the occasion. So Baby Schlotty and I picked out two board books about dads. Yeah, it's technically a present for the baby, but Nate actually really thought it was a good idea and in my opinion, you can never have too many books! He already is practicing for when the baby is OUTSIDE the womb :) I found both of these books at Target: Daddy Loves Me and Daddy Calls Me Doodlebug

After dessert, cribbage, and some myofacial release relaxation courtesy of Aunt Shari, we headed back home. My sister made a stop over last night because she just got back from Peru and wanted to show us her 1000+ photos. She also came bearing gifts - we got some coffee, and I got a necklace and a headband. AND...by far one of the cutest baby gifts we have gotten so far - a hand knit alpaca peruvian sweater for Baby Schlotty. I literally started crying it was so cute!

No comments: