Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Crafting Barter



One of the sewing projects I completed over the weekend was another Birdie Sling, which I made for our friend Sarah, who made me a gorgeous necklace earlier this year. It was fun bartering crafts, although I maintain that I got the good end of that bargain.

Sarah picked out the main fabric of this bag, which is Anna Maria Horner's Rose Guest of Honor from her Garden Party collection. I paired it with the mustard yellow filigree fabric from AMH's Good Folks Collection and the lining was some leftover cathedral fabric (also from Good Folks) that I had from making my goddaughter's bag. I was happy with how it turned out although working with a large print was a bit challenging - it takes more fabric as you have to be careful to include as much of a whole flower as possible.



Sarah is in the process of starting her Etsy shop. You can view her other amazing creations via her Facebook page.

No comments: