Friday, May 7, 2010

Wait...It's Friday?!

I am shocked that it is FRIDAY. I have had quite the busy week.

First off, I am thrilled to say that I survived my second semester moonlighting as a professor. Final exam was Tuesday night and Grades were submitted Thursday morning. PHEW! I am relieved that that is over and that I have a hiatus for a while. I took the fall semester off and told them to contact me for Spring 2011 if they were interested in keeping me on, but we'll see how it goes. A lot is going to happen between now and January!

My FIL and I took a road trip on Wednesday. It was a fun time. He even packed a bag of snacks (Red Vines! MIL's Caramel Corn!) for me and Baby Schlotty. If ever a FIL was excited about the arrival of a granchild, my FIL is it. It is very fun when people are as excited as you are to have a baby!

I finished reading Sophie's Choice. Very well-written, but I guessed what the "choice" was long before it was revealed. Lots of context clues. I wasn't as distraught about this book as people told me I would be. I didn't even cry. Maybe because I was expecting it given all the looks I got while reading it. I'm interested in seeing the movie adaptation.

The remainder of my non-work time was spent crafting. I took a plunge last Friday night and started a project for MB's baby shower tomorrow in the ATL. I finished it at 10:30 last night. Phew. Just in the nick of time. I'll discuss more details with photos next week when I return. My flight leaves this afternoon - I'm excited to see the ATL crew. I'll be back home Sunday night, just in time for the Amazing Race Finale!

Here are a couple recent photos:

Me sprinting towards the finish at the 5K I did last week - 23:52!


Toni & Me playing Don't Break the Ice. Lord I need a haircut.

4 comments:

Old MD Girl said...

I was wondering when we'd get to see some pictures of your enlargening pregnantness. I could barely even see your bump in your running pic (I totally had to zoom in). This is all very encouraging. ;-)

And NICE TIME on your run, BTW, Miss. Speedy. I don't think I could do a sub 24 right now with my not-pregnant self. Can you still do a sit-up?

I'm sorry we will miss you and Nate in NC. That would have been fun!

heather said...

Seriously? 5K (and that nice time) while pregnant? I may have just bowed down to you a bit! (and I may have been a scaredy-cat during my pregnancies & stopped all physical activity...or maybe that was just a great excuse!)!! :-)

Silky Jess said...

Say hi to the ATL crew and congrats to MB for me!

chacha said...

Dude, where's the belly!?

You are hiding that baby well!