Friday, April 9, 2010

Up in the Air


After working out last night, we went to the grocery store. We made an impulse Redbox stop and rented Up in the Air. How charming and handsome is George Clooney?! I really enjoyed the movie until 10 minutes from the end when I ended up hysterically sobbing. I pulled it together but then Nate asked how I liked it and the waterworks started again. Seriously, I am getting watery eyes just typing this. Even though my mom and nana mentioned that they didn't expect the ending, I wasn't prepared for it. Nate didn't seem to get why I was so sad. I think he secretly blamed pregnancy hormones.

What I didn't like about the movie was how hokey it made Wisconsin seem. Wisconsin is fantastic, people! Don't believe everything you see in the movies. :)

2 comments:

Old MD Girl said...

Every time someone wants to make fun of unsophisticated American backwoodsmen here, I swear to god they cite Wisconsin. I find it greatly irritating, because as you said, WI is awesome.

Also, you really don't have to go nearly that far to find that particular phenotype. Western PA has it in spades.

Silky Jess said...

How funny--Jason just got home from renting this. We haven't seen a movie in ages, and this is the one we are putting on when Ella goes to bed. I will get my tissues. It's ok to blame the preggo hormones--Knocked Up made me sob when I was pregnant with Ella. Yes, Knocked Up.