Monday, April 5, 2010

Target, Tarentino and Crafting

For those of you that celebrate it, I hope you had a nice Easter weekend.

We had a nice weekend. I got off of work early Friday afternoon so my sister accompanied me to Target for a thorough walk through all of the aisles. We used to do this quite frequently but haven't done it in a while. For the first time ever, she spent more money there than I. (It helps when you don't fit into regular clothes!). Nate grilled out some brats and potatoes for us for dinner and then I returned her to the East side.

Nate & I capped off the night with just one of the movies on our long list of TO RENT: Inglorious Basterds. We both really liked the movie, although we usually are Tarentino fans. We spent Easter with all 3 of our families - my mom, my dad and Nate's family. I was figuring that I wouldn't get ham this Easter but we had it with my dad and Nate's family so I was happy.

We also dropped off a late birthday present for my goddaughter, Liz. I made her a the Buttercup Bag (tutorial here). The first time I made this bag, for C, I thought it was really easy. However, when I duplicated it for Liz, I was working at 4 in the morning (pregnancy-related insomnia) and it is much harder to craft at that hour. Still, I made my previously recommended modifications to Liz's bag and I love how it turned out. I attached the strap between the lining and purse outer instead of on top of the purse outer like the instructions state. Also, instead of sewing on the buttons after you put the lining and purse outer togeter, i sewed the flap on before sewing the lining and outer together so that you wouldn't be able to see the stitching from the button flap and the buttons. I will post a picture soon.

No comments: