Monday, April 19, 2010

Chocolate Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Icing

This weekend we checked a lot of yard work off the list. Nate fired up the lawn boy for the first lawn mowing of the season and we re-wood chipped our garden area between our house & garage. I also finally got around to painting the bird feeder that my grandparents gave us for Christmas. I used some leftover paint that we had from Nate's repainting of our front door. It is hanging in our front yard and looks very cute with the red front door, which I did not capture in this picture, hurriedly taken this morning before work.


I also made Ina Garten's chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. I've always got an eye out for chocolate/peanut butter combinations since they are Nate's favorite and I also am a fan. These were SO SO tasty. Nate immediately claimed that he would be licking the bowl and beater for the frosting. We ate 4 cupcakes, scooped out the extra frosting with pretzels and licked that bowl clean. HEAVENLY.

The recipe for both the cupcakes and the frosting is here. I did use room temperature ingredients where called for and I have to think it made a difference - the batter and cake are very light and fluffy. We did not crush peanuts for the top.

Finally, we took the plunge and started the last season of The Wire (Season 5). I am sad that it will all soon be over as this is one of our favorite shows ever. We are 6 episodes in...

Photo Sources: That classy birdfeeder picture is my own and the cupcake photo is from Carly's Kitchen who also agrees that the cupcakes are delicious.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I made cupcakes this weekend too!!