Friday, April 23, 2010

Book Update

It's been a busy week! I had something going on every night this week. I hosted Book Club Monday night. This month's book was Sarah's Key. Everyone enjoyed the book, although we did note that sometimes the main character got a little too dramatic for our tastes (and I usually love drama!). I gave this book 3 stars in my Goodreads profile. It's not bad but there are better books out there.

I also recently finished Interpreter of Maladies since I was on a Jhumpa Lahiri kick after Unaccustomed Earth. I also love the Interpreter of Maladies collection, however, I think Unaccustomed Earth is better. Both have 5 stars in my Goodreads profile. 2010 continues to be a slower year of reading than 2009 was. I have only finished 6 books since January 1; last year this number was 9! {Admittedly, I am not counting pregnancy books - if I did I would be well over 9.} Right now I am 100 pages into Sophie's Choice. I have not ever seen this movie, but reactions have been, "WOW" or a silent scared looking face when I mention to people that I am reading it. The description on the back cover does an excellent job of not revealing too much so mostly I am dying to keep reading it out of curiosity! Our next book club book is Little Bee by Chris Cleave so I will be heading to that one next.

In other book news, Nancy Drew turned 80 this week! Oh I used to love Nancy Drew!! Happy Birthday Nancy!

No comments: