Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Soup Club!

Last month, we started a soup club at work. Each month we rotate who is bringing soup, bread, salad and dessert and we have a really great meal and an hour's worth of conversation that is not work related. It was a great idea that was brought in by one of my coworkers after seeing an article in the paper about such a club.

February's soup was Rachel Ray's Green Minestrone. Say what you with about Ms. Ray, we all thought this soup was really great.

March's soup was homemade gumbo by my coworker that used to live in New Orleans. It was delish. She uses the recipe from Mr. B's Bistro. Warning: one HALF recipe contains 2 cups (i.e. 1 pound) of butter!! YUM!

I am a big fan of soup club so far!

3 comments:

Old MD Girl said...

Well, at least you didn't end your post with "YUM-O" which is what Ms. Ray would have done.

;-)

Nadi said...

BUTTER in gumbo? Never heard of that...and I'm from N.O.

BrookeK said...

invite me! invite me! what a great, yummy idea!