Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Situation

No, I'm not referring to that nasty man on Jersey Shore.

Over the weekend we began to shop for carpet for our basement. Our final appointment was last night and we ordered some! They are coming to measure tomorrow.

The carpet is low-pile and a basic light tan color. That is all I remember about it. Seriously, I had no idea how much goes into carpet and to be honest I didn't really care. ANYTHING would be an improvement from the gross stuff we had there to begin with. We didn't splurge since this is our basement afterall, but it will be nice to fix that area of the house up.

I'm not sure if you can tell by the various ManCave pictures, but the previous owners left us a lot of junk including a few old shelves, an avocado green fridge, a bar that more resembles a spaceship, wood paneling and a gross dropped ceiling. Our next plan is to add some dry wall in there to get rid of the ceiling. Now I have to figure out where you take old refrigerators!