Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Insider Trading

Remember on New Year's Eve when I predicted that "births may be on the rise" in 2010?

This may have been a form of insider trading.

I may have had prior knowledge before I made this prediction.

As in, a positive pregnancy test.

That's right folks, we're having a BABY!!!

Over 2 1/2 years ago when I started this blog, the goal was to keep you up to date with our ever changing house. As you probably have noticed if you have been with me that long, I don't really blog about the house much anymore. This is mostly due to the fact that our projects are not as immediate. Well, with the news, we will be getting back to some house projects and this blog will return to its former glory, ha ha ha. Our goal is to re-do the bathroom upstairs (long been on the to-do list), make some progress in the basement (carpeting should be here next week), and of course, the baby's room!

As most women who have been pregnant before have figured out, when you tell people you are having a baby, you get asked the following three questions, in this order:

1. When are you due? (8/31)

2. Are you going to find out the sex? (No)

3. How have you been feeling? (Weeks 6-8 were not too great, but feeling pretty good now.)

Another question I get asked by people who haven't seen me or who live far away is:

4. Have you noticed any physical changes yet? (Bigger boobs but that's about it).

So many pregnant women have been coming out of the woodwork lately. I can't wait to find out who's next!

10 comments:

Allison said...

Congratulations to you and Nate! So exciting – you’re going to be a great mom!

Old MD Girl said...

I was wondering when you were going to get knocked up! Congratulations!

Let me know how that whole running while pregnant thing goes.

heather said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to read all about your journey to bambino!

Nemmie said...

Jeez, make me leave the comfort of my blog reader...

You know, I thought an announcement was going to come a weeks ago when I saw a post title of yours (can't remember which one now). Then I thought it was fishy when I saw the shoes that looked an *awful lot* like the ones in SATC that Carrie wore when Miranda's water broke. But I chalked it all up to baybeez-baybeez-baybeez brain of the new mommy.

So anyway! Looks like I was right and didn't even know it! CONGRATS, you are in for a ride. That kid is going to have some rockin' handmade shoes :)

Kristina said...

Congrats! You are going to be an amazing mom!

Nadi said...

CONGRATULATIONS AMY AND NATE!!!
This baby is going to be incredibly pajama pants-ed and schlock-ed up!!! I had the exact same thought as NEMMIE when I saw your post on the Carrie Bradshaw shoes. And about two weeks ago, I just thought: Amy would be the coolest mother!
I am so happy for you and I can't wait to read your pregnancy adventures!

Emily said...

Congratulations!! That is such great news.

chacha said...

Congratulations!!! I'll bet you have about 80 millions baby-related sewing projects on the brain now :o)

Silky Jess said...

That's fantastic news! You and Nate are going to be wonderful parents.

Tara said...

Congratulations!!! What an exciting time for you two! I hope all is going well and that you are feeling fantastic.