Saturday, January 16, 2010

TCB

I love weekends at home!

Last night we had pizza and watched Julie & Julia since Nate had not seen it yet. I still loved it the second time around, but I do have a minor crush on Julia Child. Nate liked it as well.

Today we "TCB" - took care of business. (Or "bidness" if you are a fan of Stringer Bell on The Wire). Elvis Presley used to wear a gold ring with TCB on it. How do I know this? Because my mom, sister and I took a detour through Graceland on our way back to WI after touring my grad school in Atlanta. But I digress...

Nate usually does breakfast on Saturday mornings. Today was homemade bacon, egg & cheese sandwiches on english muffins with coffee. After that, I finished up a care package for a family that just had a recent addition. (Pics will be forthcoming once I know they received and opened it.) Nate also built another shelf for our office/craft room closet since it was again getting a little out of control. The extra shelf definitely made room for my growing fabric collection. Our house had not been cleaned in over a month so we got that done, laundry is almost done and the outdoor Christmas lights are officially packed up.

We finished off the night going out for sushi! I haven't had sushi since NYC so it was really great. I also made red velvet cupcakes. I used a recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook since hardly any of my cookbooks had a recipe (and I have a lot of cookbooks). I made them with cream cheese frosting. They were good, but a little on the dry side in my opinion. Nate thought they were really good. I think I am going to try to find a different recipe - if anyone has any recommendations, please let me know. I keep tasting the Magnolia Bakery ones in my mind....mmmmm! Oh and I beat Nate at Phase 10. I also kicked his butt on the 60 second plank position on Wii Fit, MWAH-AH-AH.

Tomorrow I have to suck it up and prepare for class which starts Tuesday. I am sort of regretting that I agreed to teach another semester...mostly because I feel lazy.

1 comment:

Amy Badler said...

Hey Amy,

Magnolia Bakery actually has their own cookbook that you can purchase. I'm not sure if they have the recipe for their amazing red velvet cupcakes in it, but its worth looking into. Good luck!
Amy