Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Panic!

Thank goodness my father-in-law got a shop vac for Christmas. Nate brought that home and removed 20 gallons of water from our basement carpet. The basement now smells like old wet carpet - lovely. On the bright side, we now have a good excuse to get that carpet out of there! I think back to our "trash the carpet" housewarming party which we had in fall of 2007. The theme was "trash the carpet" because we were going to get rid of that basement carpet ASAP. Here we are over two years later with the same carpet :)

While Nate shop vac-ed, I made homemade vegetable soup and then we watched Jersey Shore. My brothers-in-law told us to watch this train wreck of a show. Train wreck it is. Are these people for real? I think I lost a few IQ points during the running time.

The basement was done, dinner was gone so we decided to fill out our cruise documents online. The documents need to be done by new years eve and are pretty standard - fill out your passport number, give them a credit card for any incidentals, etc. Nate went to get the passports and he could not find his. We TORE the house apart for over an hour and still could not find it. Eventually, we did find it wedged into an old bank folder. PHEW! Then this morning when I was finishing the documents, I realized he could have just brought his birth certificate and drivers' license. Oh well. It is more fun acquiring passport stamps!

Here is our itinerary:
Days 1-3: AT SEA
Day 4: St. Maarten
Day 5: St. Thomas
Day 6: At Sea
Day 7: Castaway Cay, Bahamas
Day 8: Return to port super early

Here is the ship:


People keep asking me if I bought a new wardrobe for the cruise. Uh, no. I am recycling (for the billionth time) all the dresses I have from the numerous weddings we have attended in the past couple of years. I went a little crazy buying bathing suits for our honeymoon so I still have all of those. I also remember STUFFING a suitcase full of stuff for our honeymoon and wearing the same 3 things over and over. I did get a new pair of flip flops and a beach bag for Christmas so those are the only two new things that will be accompanying me - I have to have room for all the books and magazines, people! :)

2 comments:

Ali said...

Isn't it funny how sometimes other forces make it so that you "have" to do things you intended to do months ago? Even though it will be nice to finally remove the carpet, I am sorry the work was spurred by such a yucky event! Do take pictures.

I cannot wait to hear about the cruise. Kudos to you for the wardrobe recycling. And if anyone can make outfits look new and exciting, it is you. (Doesn't hurt to have a rockin' body, either...can you sense my envy? ha ha).

Safe Travels!

Old MD Girl said...

Have fun on your vacation!