Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I only have 29 days to get these done!

Can you believe it is DECEMBER?! This year went by in a flash. Nate asked me about my book-related new years resolution the other day and that got me thinking about my list.

Here are resolutions that I had that I did not and will not meet in the next 29 days:
1. Logging my running miles. Still running...still not logging.
2. Triathlon. I did buy and use a bike though and for that I am proud.
3. Send 52 letters/cards to family friends for non-birthday reasons. How fun does this sound? This is definitely going to be on the 2010 list.
4. Make the Stitch Skirt. Ahh! clothes! They still scare me but definitely going to return on my 2010 list.
5. Begin upstairs bathroom remodel. We are going to remodel the bathroom, but it is not going to be as extensive as we once had envisioned. Watch for it in 2010 - if i keep blogging.

Here are resolutions that I did meet!
1. Clean/Organize closets - woohoo! goodwill (and my family) got a lot of donations
2. Learn to knit - working on a ruffly scarf right now
3. Vacation - double points - we went to Cleveland & New Buffalo, MI and NYC & Philly
4. Replace all heat vent covers
5. Landscaping - we are building on this in 2010 with a landscape design courtesy of Hawks and my in-laws who won the package and gave it to us!
6. Move the piano - how fun is it to play Christmas carols on the piano? Even Toni, my 3 1/2 year old niece can play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (with some assistance from grandma).

Here are resolutions in which I have 29 days to finish:
1. Read 30 books. I have 28 done - only 2 more in 29 days to go!!! Definitely doable. 2009 was a GREAT literary year for me - I read some fabulous books.

White Teeth
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Julie & Julia: 365 days, 524 recipes, 1 tiny apartment kitchen
The Great Man: A Novel
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
Anna Karenina
Revolutionary Road
Animal Vegetable Miracle: A Year of Food Life
North River: A Novel
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Possession: A Romance
The God of Small Things
Love and Other Impossible Pursuits
The Book Thief
Commencement: A Novel
Farm City
The Girl who Played with Fire
The Likeness: A Novel
When Crickets Cry
The Wonder Spot
Case Histories: A Novel
People of the Book
The Help
Dead Until Dawn (Sookie Stackhouse #1)
Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly
Snow Flower & the Secret Fan

2. Various cooking-related goals. I have to retry the lemon meringue pie before new years eve and try making ribs.

3. Finish the kitchen - see earlier post. This is getting DONE! We started 2009 with is unfinished project - we CANNOT start 2010 with it.

No comments: