Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Handmade Holiday: Part 1

I got some amazing news this morning - my dear friend, AH, is home for Christmas rather than in a hospital bed in preterm labor!!!! Never doubt the Christmas miracle!

Last night I finished 2 more gifts and made dark chocolate glaze brownies for our holiday potluck at work today. And watched some Gossip Girl ;)
It's time for the big reveal, well, the first part anyway. I have been busy sewing 8collapsable tote bags for my office mates:


When you have so much fabric stowed away in your house that you could practically open a fabric store, handmade gifts are the way to go. I also noticed that all of us at work pretty much use those ugly conference bags for lunch so I thought a little boost was necessary.

I loosely based the bags off of the collapsible tote bag in the book, One Yard Wonders: 101 Fabulous Fabric Projects. I just ordered the book from BN (where they have an "exclusive edition that provides 5 additional projects) and really like it. In my obsession over fabric, I usually order 1 yard of it when i have no project in mind (which occurs like 99% of the time) so this book will definitely go to good use. I plan to continue doing handmade gifts in 2010 as much as possible so this book will definitely come in handy!

No comments: