Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cookie Extravaganza!

Another event that took place last weekend was our annual cookie making. Last year my mom, sister and I spent NINE HOURS making cookies and candies. This year, we invited my niece Toni to join in the fun. We did not expect to get as much accomplished with a 3 1/2 year old in the mix.

People, this 3 1/2 year old was a rock star. She cracked eggs (with one hand!), licked a lot of beaters and was in heaven with cookie cutters and sprinkles.

Seven hours later we had:

Fudge
Caramels
Peanut butter balls
Sugar Cookies (triple batch!)
Snowball cookies
Gingerbread men
Rock Candy
Chocolate Covered Peanuts
These pictures are a little dark because we used the self timer on my camera to take them but here is the group:



The only thing that we did not make from our list last year was the Hershey Kiss / Peanut butter cookies because we forgot to buy Hershey Kisses.

Last year, Nate & I made platters for our neighbors. We are going to do the same thing again this year, but want to make more of them to use them as an excuse to meet some of our other neighbors down the block.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Oh my...I am salivating. I have a cookie swap that I probably cannot attend (unless I can rent a gurney), and would have totally taken one of your recipes to the event! Sounds DELISH!!