Monday, December 21, 2009

3rd Time's a Charm!

HOLY CANOLI.

I SUCCESSFULLY MADE A LEMON MERINGUE PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may recall Attempt #1 and Attempt #2.

Well, Attempt #3 was the winner -




It was so amazingly yummy - I am quite proud of it. What was the difference? I actually ditched the recipe I used for #1 and #2 and used the recipe from the America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook. Result - One perfect pie!!!!!!

Phew - 11 days before 2009 was over - got that resolution crossed off!

I also crossed off two of my other pending resolutions over the weekend:

1) I finished 30 books! The official list:
White Teeth
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Julie & Julia: 365 days, 524 recipes, 1 tiny apartment kitchen
The Great Man: A Novel
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
Anna Karenina
Revolutionary Road
Animal Vegetable Miracle: A Year of Food Life
North River: A Novel
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Possession: A Romance
The God of Small Things
Love and Other Impossible Pursuits
The Book Thief
Commencement: A Novel
Farm City
The Girl who Played with Fire
The Likeness: A Novel
When Crickets Cry
The Wonder Spot
Case Histories: A Novel
People of the Book
The Help
Dead Until Dawn (Sookie Stackhouse #1)
Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly
Snow Flower & the Secret Fan
Straight Up and Dirty
Three Junes

2. I made braised short ribs over the weekend. They also were quite good.

Thus, all of my pending resolutions are accomplished. Nine of the 14 resolutions I set in January are done - 64%. Maybe I learned that resolutions are not my forte! ha ha ha

5 comments:

Old MD Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Old MD Girl said...

Amy,

Your accomplishments put me to shame! Here I am sitting on the couch thinking.... wow, just reading that made me tired. I could really use a nap.

Gah!

:-)

OMDG

PS -- The pie looks *amazing*. Did it taste as delicious as it looks?

Ali said...

I think I just drooled onto my belly button. yummmmmmm

Seriously, 30 books? I am impressed. I am going to try and trump that with 30+ DVDs in 2 weeks. ha ha.

64% is pretty darn good. Just looking at your list of accomplishments must be rewarding!

chacha said...

I love meringue. There isn't much better than eggwhites whipped with suger and toasted.

Silky Jess said...

Can't beat America's Test Kitchen. I love that show! I am so impressed that you also managed to read 30 books. I think I have managed about 5 this year.