Monday, November 23, 2009

Now that was a lovely weekend

The weekend went by in a flash, although we didn't really do all that much, which was SO wonderful. I caught up on reading all of my magazines that were delivered post-vacation, we cooked, we cleaned. We had a surprise birthday party for a friend (she was surprised - yay!).

Yesterday was an amazingly nice late November day. I ran outside in shorts & a tshirt! I had just turned onto the bike path while running and heard this loud rustling behind me. I turned around and a deer was running straight at me while his 2 friends ran to the right of me! They paused and then kept running. A bike rider coming the opposite direction rode past and commented, "Well, now that was lovely". And it was.

I also started on these alphabet letters. I have about 6 of the 26 done. My assessment thus far is that these are really putzy and maybe not that cool. We'll see what the kiddos think. I'm planning on having Toni test them out on Friday. Why i decided to make these and not start on my long DIY Christmas list, I have no idea. Thanks to Nate-O who took over cutting when my hand refused to cut anymore letters out.

We also made Mark Bittman's Cassoulet from a recent issue of Runner's World. It was really really good and easy. Click here for the recipe. We used a combo of Italian sausage and bone-in pork chops for the meat.

We kinda sorta watched the AMA's as well. I have a soft spot in my heart for these awards as my sister (whose name begins with an A), my brother (whose name begins with a M) and I (also an A) used to VIDEO our own AMA awards. They are so awkward and so funny. This year's AMAs were ok. I have to publicly confess my love of Lady Gaga.

No comments: